Friday, March 26, 2010

My favorite things

Packing is tricky for a cycling trip. You want to have the right stuff for most conditions you'll encounter, but not so much that you regret hauling it mile after mile. Riding the past 12 days, I have a few items that have become favorites:

-27 tooth cog - my lowest gear in the rear, a must for the mountains.
-Banana Boat SPF 30 sunblock - this stuff really works (thanks, Cheryl!).
-FSA Plasma carbon handlebar/stem - to the practiced eye, it looks out of place on my touring bike, but comfort rules!
-Stick-on bifocals - tops my list. The joy I feel each time I look at maps during the ride without first digging through my fanny pack for my reading glasses is, well, absolutely unbelievable! Plus, Doug can no longer snicker at my Oakley sunglasses/reading glasses combo.

No comments:

Post a Comment